Best eBook Deals & Download PDF Essentials of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
More and more often, emotional and behavioral problems in the young are being evaluated and treated by professionals other than child and adolescent psychiatrists—busy clinicians who may not struggle to keep abreast of the rapid changes in this challenging field. This book can help those nonspecialists better understand the problems of young patients by presenting specific guidance on more than a dozen commonly seen conditions, such as attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, conduct disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, phobias, eating disorders, and tic disorders—all in concise chapters written by leading experts on these disorders.
Essentials of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry distills the authoritative advice found in the third edition of The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Updating and pruning that volume's detailed and comprehensive content, Essentials omits those chapters directed primarily toward subspecialists and retains what is immediately useful to general psychiatrists, pediatricians, neurologists, and nonphysician mental health clinicians such as nurses, psychologists, social workers, and family therapists. It offers an overview of child and adolescent psychiatric problems; practical guidance in the use of interviews, rating scales, and laboratory and diagnostic testing with young patients; and targeted information on a wide range of often-perplexing disorders, including:
- the assessment and diagnosis of mental retardation; autistic disorders; and learning, motor skills, and communication disorders
- guidelines relating to the differential diagnosis of schizophrenia, early-onset mood disorders, and anxiety disorders
- an overview of clinical management of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder with a summary of the extensive treatment research
- the assessment and treatment of substance abuse disorders in youth, including adaptations for youth with comorbid disorders
- chapters on posttraumatic stress disorder and child abuse
- strategies for intervention with youth showing suicidal behavior
Essentials of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Find and Download Book
- Try another server.
- Try to reload page — press F5 on keyboard.
- Clear browser cache.
- Clear browser cookies.
- Try other browser.
- If you still getting an error — please contact us and we will fix this error ASAP.